China Shanghai International Children's Book Fair 2020
While physical book fairs in the western world have been absent from 2020’s schedules, Bologna and Shanghai have completed another successful edition of the China Shanghai International Children’s Book Fair (CCBF) – the only book fair in Asia Pacific fully dedicated to books and other contents for children.
The eighth edition of CCBF took place as scheduled on 13–15 November 2020 at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Centre (SWEECC). The Fair showcased 60,000 recent children's titles, among which 20 ,000 are overseas publications hailing from 21 different countries and territories. There were 308 online and offline professional programmes and readers' events held concurrently with the exhibition at more than 100 locations around town, including schools, bookstores, libraries, art museums, etc. CCBF has brought a total of 18,963 visitors to its fairgrounds, while online events streamed on local platforms gathered a total of 520,000 views all across the country. This year, CCBF brought together 350 exhibitors (of which 150 international) from 21 countries and territories, including China, South Korea, Canada, Italy, France, the United Kingdom, the United States, the Netherlands, Finland, Norway, Russia, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Belgian, Australia, Thailand etc. See all the Facts&Figures.
CCBF worked hard to welcome the international children’s book community to its usual business environment. In addition to our traditional fair and its multifaceted program of exhibitions and events, we announced the CCBF “BOOK SHOWCASE”: a brand new initiative to combine the possibility to be "physically" in Shanghai by exhibiting some titles in a nice set up corner, and benefit of some services from remote to increase visibility and connect with other exhibitors and visitors.
BCBF initiatives 2020 in Shanghai:
- Book Showcase: located at the Copyright Zone, the Book Showcase hosted more than 40 corners, and hundreds of books from more than 20 countries
- Illustrators Survival Corner: reference space for illustrators at BCBF, the Corner is regularly hosted at CCBF with its extensive programme of masterclasses, special events and workshops. In 2020, over 1.500 illustrators attended its activities.
- A wide programme of conferences and workshops on the hot topics for the industry.
- "Illustrators for Gianni Rodari. Italian Excellence": As 2020 also marks the 100th anniversary of Gianni Rodari's birth, an illustration exhibition revisited the work of one of the most innovative literary voices of the last century through the wonderful illustrations of Italy's best picture book artists.
- "Children Plus Toddlers Books": this very special exhibition showcased 140 original board books and activity books for children aged 0–3, brought from all around the world.