BCBF-BBPlus rolled out its second Fellowship programme, once again concomitantly with the Rome fair dedicated to small and medium-size publishers, “Più Libri Più Liberi” – 7-11 December 2022 at La Nuvola. Developed in partnership with the Italian Publishers Association (AIE), and with the support of the Italian Trade Agency promoting the internationalization of Italian businesses, and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI), the 2022 programme was also dedicated to mainstream publishers as well as to the children and young-adult sector.
The Fellowship hosted 8 publishing professionals from 7 different countries on an exclusive tour going from Milan to Rome, visiting important Italian publishing houses, artists' ateliers, specialist bookstores and cultural heritage features in several different cities.
An important item on the agenda was B2B meetings between our foreign guests and publishers at the ““Più Libri Più Liberi” Rights Centre.
The Fellowship Programme provided guests with exceptional insights into the Italian publishing scene.
The participants of the 2021 Fellowship:
- Aaron Robertson (Spiegel & Grau, Editor) - USA
- Zsófia Nádor (Jelenkor Kiadó/Libri Group, Editor) - Hungary
- Emre Can Petek (Akdem Copyright&Translation Agency, Director) - Turkey
- Anna Heller (Kein & Aber, Assistant Editor) - Switzerland
- Alfonso Zuriaga (Altamarea, Founder) - Spain
- Mario Santin Frugiuele (Todavia, Assistant Editor) - Brazil
- Lindy Galatis (Dioptra, Editor) - Greece
- Grigoris Bekos (Kastaniotis Publishing, Foreign Rights Editor) - Greece